Hourly Kayak Rentals
We have excellent kayaks for all ages and experience levels. We rent our kayaks year round. Our sheltered waterways have a 7-knot speed limit, making Moss Bay rentals a highly enjoyable and safe place to have fun on the water. Navigate the local waterways to the University of Washington, the Ballard Locks, through local houseboat communities, or to our beautiful arboretum. Our boats can be rented from 9am to 8pm M-Sa and 9am - 7pm on Sun (during our summer season) by the hour, day, or for multiple days. All rentals are 1st come 1st serve basis (groups of 10 or more may make reservations with a 20% deposit with at least three days notice).
What to bring for hourly rentals:
- Valid Photo ID (drivers license, military ID or passport)
- Weather Appropriate Clothing
- Water bottle
Who can participate? We have boats to accommodate all body shapes and sizes, so this is an activity for all! Although everyone has the ability to rent boats from Moss Bay - for safety reasons, our staff reserves the right to refuse equipment rentals to any person at any time. Also, youth under 18 cannot take out boats unless they are accompanied by an adult (parent/legal guardian - a friend that is 18 does not count). Hourly rentals require completion of our registration form, a current driver's license or passport, and a signature on our waiver and release form.
Hourly Rental rates
Kayaks (year round rentals)
|Singles ||$14 / hour |
|Doubles ||$19/ hour|
- M-F rent two hrs you can paddle the 3rd for free! Sa-Su rent for three hours and paddle the 4th free!
- There is a one hour minimum on all rentals - prorated by the 1/4 hour after the 1st hour.
- Sail Boats - Available to members only (June 1st - Sept 15th)
- All reservation groups: are responsible to pay for the full time reserved, even if you don’t use all of it.
- There is a 24hr cancellation policy for big groups. If that is met, the 20% deposit is re-usable, but non-refundable.
- A minimum of 75% of the boats reserved will be billed if you have a change in group number.