We have excellent kayaks for all ages and experience levels. We rent our kayaks year round. Our sheltered waterways have a 7-knot speed limit, making Moss Bay rentals a highly enjoyable and safe place to have fun on the water. Navigate the local waterways to the University of Washington, the Ballard Locks, through local houseboat communities, or to our beautiful arboretum. All rentals are 1st come 1st serve basis.
What to bring for hourly rentals
- Valid Photo ID (drivers license, military ID or passport)
- Weather Appropriate Clothing
- Water bottle
Who can participate?
We have boats to accommodate most body shapes and sizes, so this is an activity for all! Although everyone has the ability to rent boats from Moss Bay – for safety reasons, our staff reserves the right to refuse equipment rentals to any person at any time. Also, youth under 18 cannot take out boats unless they are accompanied by an parent/legal guardian (a friend that is 18 does not count). Hourly rentals require completion of our registration form, a current driver’s license or passport, and a signature on our waiver and release form.
Hourly Rental Rates
- Singles: $15 / hour
- Doubles: $21 / hour
- M-F rent two hrs you can paddle one more for free! Sat-Sun rent for three hours and paddle the 4th free! * Does not apply when also using a Groupon (only one promotion can be used at a time)
- There is a one hour minimum on all rentals – prorated by the 1/4 hour after the 1st hour
- Last boat goes out one hour prior to closing (no exceptions)
- Sail Boats – Available to members only (June 1st – Sept 15th)
- Groups under 10 are 1st come 1st serve. However, if you have a group of 11 or more we are happy to reserve your boats ahead of time with at least three days notice and a 20% deposit. At the time of booking you will need to designate a time block and exact # of singles, doubles or paddle boards. Balance will be prepaid before going on water (so make sure to use all the time you booked). We only book big groups on weekdays starting after 330pm and on weekends between 9am and 945am