Day 5: About Being Harmonious
Your child is learning how to:
- Paddle Board
- How to hold the paddle.
- How to get on and off the board
- Where to stand on the board (or sit)
- Wide base, bent knees, hand on top
- How to stop, turn left and right
- Best ways to balance
- What to do if they fall off
- Safely re enter the boat using a roll or paddle float technique with minimal upset.
- Develop a stroke motion that allows you to stay on course in spite of crossing winds.
- Work with the sailboat crew to easily set sails, turn the boat, and pursue a new course.
- Talk with teammates before tacking or jibing, so participants are clear and agreed on their strategy.