- Sea Kayaking Instructors for youth and adults
- Sailing Instructors for youth and adults
- Camp Counselors for week long kayaking, sailing and paddle boarding Kids
- Camps for kids 6-12 in Seattle
- Part-Time weekend help – Rentals, lessons, tours etc
- All applications due in by MAY 15th!
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Documented success at teaching, training, coaching, or successfully guiding young adults
- Physically able to help lift rowing shells, sea kayaks, and dinghy sailboats
- Availability to start working by June 7th (some hrs available in May and early June)
- Availability to work through August 31st (or later)
- Enjoy water activities and working with kids
- CPR Certification
- Background check
Great reasons to work at Moss Bay
- Fun staff
- Shared responsibilities
- Flexible scheduling
- Positive team environment
- Great location
- Work outside in the sun on the water
- Good equipment and facility
- Competitive wages ($10-15/hr)
Moss Bay Rowing, Kayaking, Sailing & Paddle Board Center may have the perfect job for you! Moss Bay on South Lake Union in Seattle is looking for self-motivated, hard-working, and friendly people for positions available this summer.
For the past twenty eight years the goal of Moss Bay has been to provide the best rowing, kayaking, and sailing instruction to people of all ages who are interested in exploring our Northwest waterways. Moss Bay offers hourly and take away kayak rentals, guided tours on Lake Union to individuals, groups, and local businesses, a 2 series in rowing, kayaking, and sailing, as well as paddling birthday parties and large group activities. In addition we offer “piggyback” programs to other local youth clubs and organizations. Moss Bay is also home to the famous Kids Camp: a week long rowing, kayaking and sailing camp for kids in the greater Seattle area.
As an employee of Moss Bay you can expect competitive wages while providing service in one or more of the many programs Moss Bay offers. Coordinators will plan and carryout tours of Lakes Union and Washington for local businesses and groups, organize the “Piggy Back” program with youth organizations, as well as coordination of other program options such as birthday parties and team-building events. Kids Camp counselors will work with kids from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily during the 10 weeks of camp. Through organized drills counselors will teach rowing, kayaking and sailing skills to first-time and experienced campers ages 6 to 12. Counselors will also guide and supervise kayak outings to locations such as Turtle Cove, Gas Works Park, and the Washington Arboretum. Each employee may expect opportunities to guide tours of Lake Union, teach the lesson series in rowing and kayaking, and help renters in and out of boats from the dock. People with kayak and/or sailing experience may also work with Moss Bay Directors to organize and guide tours of the San Juan Islands.
In turn, Moss Bay will expect each employee to provide outstanding service to all visitors on our dock. Kids Camp counselors will supervise the campers so they have a fun and safe experience. Each employee will also participate in a 1 week intensive, modularized management training program at the beginning of the summer. Included in the training is skill development in sculling, kayaking, and sailing.
* Former Kids Camp participants who have aged out of camp are welcome to apply for a Jr counselor / intern position (unpaid). We are happy to sign off on community service hours. Interns will volunteer one or two camp weeks during the summer and help out M-F from 830am to 330pm (mostly in camp). A great way to stay involved at MB. Requirements: 14 yrs to 16 yrs old, cpr certification and a parent permission slip / waiver. Please visit us any time after May 1st (weeks are assigned first come first serve).